A delicious and simple vegan white wine vinaigrette that takes only 5 minutes to prepare and elevates any salad or bowl!Jump to Recipe
A few years ago, I made the switch from store-bought to homemade salad dressings and my life hasn’t been the same since. There simply is no comparison between the gloopy overly-sweetened supermarket stuff and a freshly blended and emulsified dressing you make at home. My goal here is to convert you to the homemade salad dressing lifestyle. With only 5 minutes and a blender, you have delicious vinaigrette for the whole week. Even the blender is optional, so there’s really no excuse.
This particular recipe is literally the simplest white wine vinaigrette and (spoiler alert) it’s not just for salads. It’s light, it’s fresh, and it’s perfect for summer. Let’s take a look at the ingredients that make this vinaigrette what it is.
Olive Oil: In this type of recipe, I do believe a quality olive oil is important. I encourage you to purchase the nicest one you can afford. One of my favorite budget-friendly options is the trusty Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Costco.
White Wine Vinegar: Warning! This is not the same as White Vinegar, which is pungently strong and excellent for pickling veggies but generally not so great for dressings and vinaigrettes. White wine vinegar is a little sweeter and milder and has a bit of fruity note.
Lemon Juice: For a bit of freshness, flavor dimension, and acidity.
Dijon Mustard: One of my favorite ingredients for adding tang and spice to a sauce or dish.
Maple syrup: Just a half tablespoon for a little bit of sweetness. If you’re not vegan, you can easily substitute honey.
Garlic: Because it improves everything.
Salt and Pepper: To round out all the flavors and help them reach their maximum potential.
How to Use This Vinaigrette
This vinaigrette obviously shines on salads full of leafy greens and crunchy vegetables, but there are plenty of other uses as well:
- Would do wonderfully on a grain or pasta salad (such as this strawberry and mint quinoa salad!).
- Could easily be massaged into vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower prior to roasting.
- Would be a super tasty marinade for chicken or fish.
If you try out this simple white wine vinaigrette, be sure to leave a rating and review! This helps little blogs like mine get recognized by the Google. It would mean the world to me.
More Bangin’ Sauces
- Ingenious Vegan Dill Pesto (7 Ingredients!)
- The Only Tahini Sauce You’ll Ever Need (Vegan!)
- Zesty Lemon Pepper Dressing (Vegan!)
Simple White Wine Vinaigrette
- Blender or Food Processor (Optional)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- juice of one lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute to ensure everything is well-combined and emulsified. Alternatively, you could place all ingredients in a mason jar with lid tightly shut and shake until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Drizzle on your fave salad or marinate some meat or tofu!
Photography by Hope Agresti