This Vodka Sauce Turkey Meatloaf is crave worthy, cozy, and nourishing, because who says you can’t have it all? Easily gluten-free.Jump to Recipe
Let me tell you something: I am not a meatloaf girl. When my mom would make it growing up, I’d get irrationally angry. So if I’m bringing you a meatloaf recipe, you just know it has to be good. Ironically, my mother inspired me to develop this Vodka Sauce Turkey Meatloaf after I tried a version of her classic recipe that she had topped with cheese. Everything comes full circle, I guess.
Vodka Sauce Meatloaf Ingredients
Ground Turkey or Chicken: Certainly support whatever dietary needs you have, but I find that a 93% lean ground meat works better than the 99% lean option and would recommend it for best results.
Vodka Sauce: Use your favorite recipe or store-bought jar. I used Trader Joe’s.
Panko Breadcrumbs: They keep everything nice and hydrated because they soak up the juices from the meat. They also serve as a binding agent. Use gluten-free if needed.
Parmesan Cheese: Just a quarter cup for some umami vibes.
Milk and Egg: For proper moisture and binding.
Onion and Garlic: Because aromatics are important! For bonus points, you could even sauté them on the stove-top ahead of time for some extra depth of flavor.
Italian Seasoning: Yes, I’m lazy and use store-bought.
Salt and Pepper: For obvious reasons.
Mozzarella Cheese: For that melty, cheesy topping.
While my husband is totally content with eating only meatloaf for dinner, most others (myself included) don’t feel the same. Here are some quick pairing ideas to get your creativity flowing.
- A quick side salad: my go-to is fresh greens, a pinch of salt and pepper, generous drizzles of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and freshly grated sharp cheddar or parmesan. Shockingly satisfying and delicious.
- Your favorite pasta: Why stop at meatloaf with the Italian theme?
- Any number of veggies: green beans, brussels sprouts, sugar snap peas, potatoes…the sky is the limit!
If you make this Vodka Sauce Turkey Meatloaf, feel free to leave a rating, review, question, or concern. I’m always happy to hear from you! You can also connect with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
More Cozy Main Meals
- Cornflake Chicken Tenders with Pumpkin Honey Mustard
- Chicken Marsala Shepherd’s Pie
- The Best Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- Tuna Casserole Stuffed Peppers
- The Easiest Vegetarian Tortellini Soup (Veggie-Packed)
Vodka Sauce Turkey Meatloaf
- Large Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 1 cup vodka sauce divided
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs gluten-free if needed
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup yellow or white onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set to the side.
- Add ground meat, ¼ cup vodka sauce, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, milk, egg, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and mix until well-combined.
- Form the meat mixture into a rectangular loaf in the center of your baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- At the 40-minute mark, remove the meatloaf from the oven. Evenly pour the remaining ¾ cup of vodka sauce over the top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
Photography by Hope Agresti