This is the very best vegan garlic bread ever! It’s quick, uses only a few ingredients, and bursts with all kinds of flavor!Jump to Recipe
This is the Very Best Vegan Garlic Bread out there. I’m convinced. It’s perfectly buttery, garlicky, and bursts with all kinds of flavor. It’s made with less than 10 ingredients and comes together quickly. It works perfectly as a crowd-pleasing appetizer or as a side with your fave soup or Italian main meal. When my sister first tasted this garlic bread, she was shocked it was vegan. It’s that good, and if that doesn’t convince you, I don’t know what will.
Ingredients for Vegan Garlic Bread
Italian, French, or Ciabatta Bread: Any will work, but I love making this with a big ol’ loaf of Ciabatta.
Garlic: A lot of it, for obvious reasons.
Vegan Butter: I highly recommend using Miyoko’s for best results.
Nutritional Yeast: This secret ingredient is how we get that decadent cheesy flavor while keeping everything vegan!
Parsley: For herby goodness!
Red Pepper Flakes: For a kick of spice.
How to Make Vegan Garlic Bread
Let’s break things down into a few simple steps to make things as easy as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Cut your loaf of bread in half lengthwise.
- Soften your butter in the microwave (only 10 seconds or it will melt too much!) and mix with minced garlic, nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes, and parsley.
- Evenly spread the butter mixture over both sides of the bread and bake cut-side-up for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool a few minutes before cutting into 10-12 pieces and devouring.
I hope you love this Vegan Garlic Bread as much as I do! If you give it a try, be sure to leave a rating and review. This encourages others to give it a try. You can also find me on Pinterest and Instagram. I always love hearing from you!
Delicious Pairing Ideas
- Vegan Kale Caesar Pasta with Crispy Chickpeas
- Vegan Pistachio Romesco Pasta
- Easy Vegan Creamy Tomato Soup
The Very Best Vegan Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf Italian, French, or Ciabatta bread
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup parsley stems removed and finely chopped
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- pinch of sea salt (if butter isn't salted)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Cut loaf of bread in half lengthwise as pictured.
- Soften the vegan butter for up to 10 seconds in the microwave before mixing with minced garlic, nutritional yeast, finely chopped parsley, red pepper flakes, and optional pinch of salt. Stir until well-combined.
- Spread butter mixture evenly over both halves of the loaf of bread as pictured and bake, cut-side-up, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before placing the bread halves together again so the buttered sides face each other (imagine you're closing your garlic bread like a book). Carefully slice into 10-12 pieces and serve!
Photography by Hope Agresti