This Ultimate Spring Salad is packed with fresh, colorful veggies to ring in the season! Easily customizable to various dietary options.Jump to Recipe
I like to call this the Ultimate Spring Salad because it basically looks like spring exploded in a bowl. It’s packed to the brim with fresh veggies like radishes, zucchini, peas, and dill and topped with the zestiest lemon dressing ever. Like all my salads, it’s easily customizable to your dietary needs or to make it more of a meal-sized salad.
Spring Salad Ingredients
Quinoa: I love this grain in salads. It packs some extra plant-based protein and absorbs the dressing so beautifully.
Mixed Greens: Think spring mix or baby lettuce.
Dill: I’m obsessed with adding tons of herbs to my salad. It adds so much flavor and makes them feel even more fresh!
Radishes: I can’t get enough of that crunchy, spicy flavor!
Zucchini: I peel them into ribbons using a Y-peeler, but you can definitely use a regular vegetable peeler or even dice them with a knife.
Fresh Peas: For some plant protein!
Goat Cheese: You could sub feta or plant-based feta here too.
Pistachios: I love the salty, buttery, crunchy flavor of pistachios. If you can’t have nuts however, pumpkin or sunflower seeds work wonderfully.
Zesty Lemon Pepper Dressing: Check out this post for all the zesty, lemony details.
Make It a Meal!
- Double the Quinoa: This will make it a heartier salad. All the plant-based protein, fiber, and carbohydrates will keep you nice and full!
- Add some meat! Rotisserie chicken or a beautifully roasted salmon fillet would be perfect.
- More plant protein: Throw in some chickpeas, white beans, or lentils!
I hope you simply adore my Ultimate Spring Salad! If you give it a try, be sure to leave a rating and review. This helps Google find me and encourages others to try it too! I’m also on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok. It truly makes my day to hear from you.
More Amazing Salads
- The Year-Round Kale Salad (with almond butter vinaigrette!)
- Brussels Sprouts Pear Salad with Wild Rice
- Cherry Feta Salad with Zesty Lemon Pepper Dressing
- Summery Roasted & Raw Peach Salad
- Beautiful and Refreshing Strawberry Mint Quinoa Salad
The Ultimate Spring Salad
- Blender or Food Processor (optional)
- Saucepan with Cover
- Chef's Knife
- Y-Peeler or Regular Peeler (optional)
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 5 ox container mixed greens (such as spring mix, baby lettuce, etc.)
- ½ cup dill roughly chopped
- 1 bunch radishes stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini peeled into ribbons
- ¾ cup fresh peas
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbled
- ⅓ cup pistachios shelled, roasted, and salted
For the Zesty Lemon Pepper Dressing:
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey (sub maple syrup if vegan)
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Begin by cooking your quinoa. Put uncooked quinoa, water, and pinch of salt in a medium pot and place on stovetop over high heat. Once it's brought to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover pot with a top. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the water has absorbed and the kernel has "popped" and it has a little "tail." Fluff it with a fork and allow it to sit and cool for a couple minutes
- While the quinoa is cooking, wash and prep your dill, radishes, and zucchini.
- Next, prep your dressing! Place all dressing ingredients in blender or food processor and blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute to ensure everything is well-combined and emulsified. Alternatively, you could place all ingredients in a mason jar with lid tightly shut and shake until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Assemble your salad! Combine mixed greens, cooked quinoa, dill, radishes, zucchini, peas, goat cheese, and pistachios in a large bowl and toss until combined. Serve immediately, topping individual portions with dressing. Enjoy!
Photography by Hope Agresti