Perfectly versatile for meal prep or weekend brunch! This Broccoli and Cheese Quiche is vegetarian/gluten free thanks to a tater tot crust.Jump to Recipe
This broccoli and cheese quiche is impressively versatile, vegetarian, and naturally gluten-free thanks to a bangin’ tater tot crust! It’s fancy enough to serve alongside fruit and croissants on Easter morning (or any holiday morning). It’s also perfect for meal prep. Like I said, versatile!
Quiche Key Ingredients
Tater Tots: Any frozen tater tot will do! You could even do sweet potato tots if that’s your thing. I usually defrost them in the microwave because I’m lazy.
Cheddar Cheese: The sharper the better, baby! Any shredded cheese works! This quiche is super customizable.
Yellow Onion and Garlic: Aromatics to deepen the flavor of our yummy quiche.
Broccoli: I like to finely chop my broccoli up into small bite-size pieces for this particular dish. It just makes everything cook more evenly.
Eggs: I’m an egg snob, I’ll admit it. I prefer pasture raised eggs. The chickens are likely treated more humanely and honestly, they just taste so much better. Obviously use what you have and buy whatever is in your budget! It will be delicious no matter what.
Half and Half: Just a couple tablespoons because a little goes a long way! This will create a luscious and decadent texture, but feel free to use whatever milk you have on hand.
- I’m a sucker for avocado toast because I’m a millennial.
- Bagels, croissants, muffins, or any other pastry would pair fabulously with this quiche.
- I love a fresh fruit salad as a sweet contrast to this savory dish!
- If you’re not vegetarian, whip up some bacon or breakfast sausage.
I hope this delicious Broccoli and Cheese Quiche with Tater Tot Crust makes all your brunch dreams come true. If you try it out, be sure to leave a rating and review. I’m also on Pinterest and Instagram. It makes my day to hear from you!
More Brunch Recipes
- Arugula Goat Cheese Frittata with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Overnight Caramel Apple French Toast Casserole
- Vegan Tahini Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
Broccoli and Cheese Quiche with Tater Tot Crust
- 9-inch Pie Dish
- 2 cups tater tots defrosted (I usually do this in the microwave)
- 1 heaping cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cups broccoli finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp half and half or milk of choice
- ¾ tsp sea salt divided
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F and lightly grease your pie dish. Press your defrosted tater tots evenly into the pie dish to form a crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and top the crust with ½ cup of cheddar cheese and bake for 5 more minutes.
- While your crust is baking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add yellow onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until slightly browned and translucent. Add broccoli, garlic, ¼ teaspoon of sea salt, and black pepper, and sauté 10 more minutes or until veggies are tender and slightly browned. Set aside to cool for a couple minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, and more pepper until well-combined.
- Spread sautéed veggies evenly over tater tot crust and slowly pour egg mixture over them to ensure even distribution. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 25-30 more minutes, or until center has set and is no longer wobbly. Cool for about 10 minutes, slice into 8 pieces, and enjoy!
Photography by Hope Agresti