This Vegan Pistachio Romesco Pasta is made with mostly pantry ingredients, bursts with flavor, and comes together in 15 minutes!Jump to Recipe
This Vegan Pistachio Romesco Pasta tastes like a fancy date night dinner but takes 15 minutes to make. Seriously. It actually kind of blows my mind how simple it is. This pasta is made with 10-ish ingredients (give or take some salt and pepper) and couldn’t be easier to pull together. This recipe is inspired by an appetizer at Machete, one of my favorite local restaurants.
Ingredients for Pistachio Romesco Pasta
Pasta of Choice: I like linguine or spaghetti, but any shape works!
Fire Roasted Red Peppers and Tomatoes: Essential for achieving that signature Romesco flavor.
Pistachios: Raw or roasted work great here, but I prefer roasted.
Olive Oil: To make our Romesco sauce luxurious.
Red Wine Vinegar: To brighten things up.
Parsley: Look, I generally don’t love parsley. But it simply works in this dish. I promise, it’s not overpowering at all.
Smoked Paprika: Gives a deep smoky flavor. I get mine at Trader Joe’s.
Sea Salt: To balance all the different flavors going on in this sauce.
Cayenne Pepper: Just a dash to spice things up.
Pairing & Customization Ideas
- Add some more veggies! I especially think some roasted broccoli or cauliflower would be lovely.
- Up the plant-based protein: Some roasted chickpeas or white beans would be delicious.
- If you’re not plant-based…a little bit of chicken or shrimp might be nice.
I hope this Vegan Pistachio Romesco Pasta is your new favorite! If you try it out, please leave a rating and review! This helps Google figure out I exist and encourages others to give it a try. I’m also on Pinterest and Instagram. Hearing from you always makes my day!
- Vegan Kale Caesar Pasta with Crispy Chickpeas
- Easy Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles with Crispy Tofu
- Spinach Artichoke Baked Pasta (with secret protein!)
Vegan Pistachio Romesco Pasta
- Food Processor or Blender
- 10 oz long cut pasta (gluten-free if needed) such as spaghetti, fettuccine, or linguine
- 1 12 oz jar fire roasted red peppers drained
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup pistachios (raw or roasted works; shells removed)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup parsley
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Make pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, make your romesco sauce! Place all other ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process 1-2 minutes until well-combined.
- Toss cooked pasta with the sauce until well-distributed. Serve immediately, topping with more parsley and vegan parmesan if desired.
Photography by Hope Agresti
super easy super delish couldn’t ask for a better pasta dish