This Rosemary Thyme Paloma Mocktail is packed with nuanced flavor and fresh ingredients. You won’t miss the alcohol one bit!Jump to Recipe
The older I get, the less interested I am in drinking alcohol. That’s not to say I never enjoy a glass of wine, but I am definitely aware that I feel best when I minimize drinking. I sleep better, I’m less anxious, and I have more energy overall. Since New Year’s Eve can be a time of heavy drinking, I wanted to create an equally-exciting option for those of us hoping to skip the booze. You will be obsessed with this beautiful Rosemary Thyme Paloma Mocktail. She’s packed with nuanced flavor and fresh ingredients. You won’t miss the alcohol for a second, but it’s super easy to add tequila if you want! All that to say, she’s a crowd pleaser.
Ingredients for Rosemary Thyme Paloma Mocktail
Fresh Rosemary and Thyme: To make a delectable simple syrup!
Maple Syrup or Honey: Whichever liquid sweetener you prefer will work!
Water: Just a quarter cup for the simple syrup.
Fresh Squeezed Grapefruit and Lime Juice: None of that bottled stuff here!
Sparkling Water: I used plain, but feel free to substitute grapefruit or lime flavored sparkling water.
Ice: For topping.
Tequila: Optional if you want a boozy Paloma!
How to Make a Simple Syrup
This process is easier than you may think. I’ll break it down into 3 simple steps for you.
- Place maple syrup and water in a small saucepan and give it a stir. Add fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Once the syrup is boiling, reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove the mixture from heat entirely and leave it alone to steep for 30 minutes.
- Once the 30 minutes is up, pour the simple syrup through a mesh strainer into a glass container to remove the herbs.
This syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, so feel free to keep it on hand for whenever the mood strikes.
If you make this Rosemary Thyme Paloma Mocktail, be sure to leave a rating and review. This encourages others to give the recipe a try and helps Google realize I exist. I’m also on Pinterest and Instagram. I always love hearing from you!
More Fun Beverages:
Rosemary Thyme Paloma Mocktail
Rosemary Thyme Simple Syrup:
- 1 2-inch sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 2-inch sprig fresh thyme
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
For the Rest of the Mocktail:
- ½ grapefruit juiced
- ½ lime juiced
- 6 oz sparkling water
- 1.5 oz tequila optional
- Place all ingredients for simple syrup in a small or medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for one minute. Remove from heat and allow to steep for 30 minutes. Once done steeping, strain the simple syrup into a glass container to remove the herbs.
- Place quarter of the simple syrup, grapefruit juice, lime juice, sparkling water, and optional tequila into a glass and give everything a good stir. Top with ice. Enjoy!
Photography by Hope Agresti