This 5-ingredient vegan orange creamsicle smoothie is full of protein, secret veggies, and flavor. It’s a luxurious yet simple breakfast!Jump to Recipe
This luxurious orange creamsicle smoothie is an all-around winner. It’s made with 5 ingredients, sneaks in some veggies (my fave!) and protein, and is completely plant-based! It’s a perfect way to start your day. Top with coconut whipped cream if you really want your breakfast to feel special.
Ingredients for Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Frozen Banana: An entire frozen banana! This is the key to making your smoothie super creamy and thick. It also ensures the frozen cauliflower really disappears into the smoothie.
Frozen Cauliflower: My strong preference is frozen cauliflower rice because it blends up better. It’s pretty widely available and relatively cheap. However, frozen cauliflower florets work too. Use what you have! Of note, you don’t want to use fresh cauliflower for this. You will definitely taste it. Frozen veggies are blanched before being frozen which is essential for the flavor and texture here. Of course, you certainly could blanch and freeze your own fresh cauliflower if you’re feeling ambitious.
Canned Full Fat Coconut Milk: Any milk will work of course, but if you want the authentic creamsicle feeling, you want full-fat coconut milk from a can.
Orange Juice: Fresh-squeezed is best!
Vanilla Protein Powder: Use plant-based to keep things vegan. My favorite brands are Tone It Up and Garden of Life.
Smoothie Tips & Tricks
- Blend longer than you think! Especially with the frozen cauliflower, you want to make sure the texture is completely smooth and it’s well-incorporated.
- Use a rubber or silicone spatula to scrape down the sides of your blender as needed to be sure everything blends well.
I hope you love this Vegan Orange Creamsicle Smoothie! If you give it a try, be sure to leave a rating and review! This encourages others to make the recipe too. You can also find me on Pinterest and Instagram. Hearing from you always makes my day!
More Amazing Vegan Smoothies
- Cozy and Nutritious Apple Pie Smoothie (Vegan!)
- Vegan Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie
- The Best Simple Green Smoothie
- The Best Ever Healthy Blueberry Zucchini Smoothie Bowl
5-Ingredient Orange Creamsicle Smoothie (Vegan!)
- 1 medium frozen banana
- ¾ cup frozen cauliflower rice or florets
- ½ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- ½-¾ cup orange juice
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high until well-combined, about 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately!
Photography by Hope Agresti