These Morning Glory Overnight Oats are the best nourishing breakfast for busy mornings. Naturally gluten-free and easily vegan!Jump to Recipe
These Morning Glory Overnight Oats are inspired by the classic muffin recipe created by Pam McKinstry in 1978. The recipe has evolved over the years as plenty of folks have made it their own. Truly, there are so many different muffin recipes I didn’t feel I could contribute anything new. Instead, I turned it into overnight oats to create a fun, healthy take on the flavor combo.
Morning Glory Overnight Oats Key Ingredients
Rolled Oats: I wouldn’t try any other types of oat (such as steel cut or quick cook) because they may not reach the correct consistency.
Almond Milk: Or any milk you prefer!
Yogurt: I use full-fat Greek yogurt for the extra protein and satiety, but you can use your favorite dairy-free yogurt if desired.
Orange Juice: We love a little citrus moment to liven things up.
Grated Carrots: A crucial component of the OG muffin! I would encourage you to take the time and shred whole carrots on the small holes of a box grater. The “shredded” carrots at the store are too chunky and will take away from the overall texture.
Apple: Any apple works, but Granny Smith brings the tart vibes. The original muffin recipe calls for grated apple, but that made these oats too watery. Diced works best here.
Raisins: You could substitute any dried fruit, but raisins are the classic choice.
Pecans or Walnuts: Either work! Omit to keep nut-free.
Shredded Coconut: Sweetened or unsweetened are fine, but I generally opt for unsweetened. This is breakfast, after all.
Maple Syrup: To sweeten things up just a dash.
Vanilla Extract: Essential for bringing all our wonderful flavors together.
Cinnamon, Ginger, and Salt: Fall spices to make everything cozy.
If you give these Morning Glory Overnight Oats a try, feel free to live a rating, review, question or concern. It truly warms my heart to hear from you. You can also find me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
More Oatmeal Recipes
- The Best Healthy Birthday Cake Overnight Oats
- Hummingbird Overnight Oats
- Vegan Strawberries & Cream Overnight Oats
- Vegan Tahini Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Cherry Pie Baked Oatmeal
- Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Baked Oatmeal (with strawberry glaze)
- Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal (with cream cheese frosting)
Morning Glory Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- ½ cup full-fat Greek yogurt (or dairy-free yogurt of choice)
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ½ cup finely grated carrots
- ¼ cup finely diced Granny Smith apple
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp walnut or pecan pieces
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir with spoon until well-combined. Divide evenly into four airtight mason jars or other glass containers.
- Store in refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight. Top with additional raisins, nuts, and shredded coconut if desired and serve.
Photography by Hope Agresti