The best cooling breakfast for a summer morning! This Mint Cucumber Avocado Smoothie is packed with veggies and satiating nutrients.Jump to Recipe
This Mint Cucumber Avocado Smoothie is perfectly cooling, creamy, and packed with plenty of nutrients. It’s a perfect spring or summer breakfast to get all your veggies in first thing in the morning and keep you full until lunch.
Mint Cucumber Avocado Smoothie Ingredients
Cucumbers: We’re gonna freeze them so this smoothie is nice and thick.
Baby Spinach: For some extra veg.
Frozen Banana: Essential for achieving that creamy texture and adds a bit of sweetness.
Avocado: For healthy fats and added creaminess.
Fresh Mint: For some herby, cooling goodness.
Milk of Choice: I use almond milk because it’s usually what I have, but anything works.
Vanilla Protein Powder: I’m all about some protein first thing in the morning!
How to Freeze Cucumber
This recipe requires frozen cucumber in order to make the smoothie super thick and creamy. Don’t you worry, I’m going to break it down into three simple steps for you.
- Peel: use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin of the cucumber.
- Slice: I like to chop into cubes.
- Freeze: spread the cucumber cubes evenly on a sheet pan so no pieces are touching and put in the freezer for 6 hours. When the slices are completely frozen, you can transfer them to a Ziplock or Stasher bag.
I hope this Mint Cucumber Avocado Smoothie is your new go-to! If you give it a try, be sure to leave a rating and review. This encourages others to try it and helps Google find me. It truly makes my day to hear from you. You can also find me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
More Incredible Smoothies
- Vegan Triple Almond Blueberry Smoothie
- 5-Ingredient Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Cozy and Nutritious Apple Pie Smoothie
- The Best Simple Green Smoothie
- Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- The Best Ever Healthy Blueberry Zucchini Smoothie Bowl
Mint Cucumber Avocado Smoothie
- Vegetable Peeler
- Chef's Knife
- Sheet Pan
- High-Powered Blender
For the Frozen Cucumber:
- 1 large cucumber peeled and sliced in cubes
For the Mint Cucumber Avocado Smoothie:
- 1 cup peeled and frozen cucumber slices
- 1 cup baby spinach packed
- 1 medium frozen banana
- ½ medium avocado
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder
- Freeze your cucumber! Use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin and then roughly slice into cubes. Spread cucumber slices evenly on a sheet pan so no pieces are touching. Freeze overnight or for at least 6 hours. After the slices are completely frozen, you can transfer them to a Ziplock or Stasher bag for safe keeping.
- Place all smoothie ingredients in blender and blend on high until well-combined, about 30 seconds-1 minute. Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
Photography by Hope Agresti