This vegan smoothie is packed with veggies like spinach and cauliflower but tastes just like your favorite ice cream flavor.Jump to Recipe
There are a lot of smoothie recipes on the June Table site, I’m aware of this. Mostly because it’s my go-to breakfast more days than not. It’s an easy way to pack in plenty of veggies and other nutrients first thing in the morning. This Mint Chip Smoothie in particular is one I’ve come back to over and over again, especially in the winter months.
Mint Chip Smoothie Key Ingredients
Frozen Banana: Essential for a thick and creamy smoothie.
Frozen Cauliflower: Either florets or the riced variety work!
Baby Spinach: Optional, but important if you want that green color.
Milk: Any vegan milk works here.
Coconut Cream: You have options here. You can either use a can of coconut cream, or stick a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. You’ll want two tablespoons of that thick part on top of the can for a luscious, milkshake-like smoothie.
Peppermint Extract: Obviously essential for mint flavor.
Protein Powder: Be sure to use plant-based to keep things vegan!
Tips for Better Smoothies
- Freeze Your Bananas: Don’t skip this step! Smoothies with room temperature bananas taste very different. I break my bananas in half, lay them flat, and freeze them in a freezer Ziplock bag. You could also freeze them whole or in slices.
- Which Cauliflower to Use: I buy cauliflower florets or rice that are already frozen because it’s been blanched prior to the freezing process. If you use fresh cauliflower, you’ll want to blanche or steam it before freezing. This helps to eliminate any kind of off-putting taste and ensure a creamy smoothie.
- Scrape Down the Blender: Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed to be sure everything is well-blended (we do not like a chunky smoothie!).
- Blend Longer Than You Think: sure to blend longer than you think to make sure that the cauliflower is really incorporated and no chunks remain.
If you make this Mint Chip Smoothie, be sure to leave a rating and review. This helps enormously with Google rankings and also warms my little heart. You can also connect with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
More Crave Worthy Smoothies
- Vegan Butternut Squash Smoothie
- Easy PB&J Smoothie (with secret veggies!)
- Cookie Monster Smoothie Bowl
- 5-Ingredient Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Cozy and Nutritious Apple Pie Smoothie
Mint Chip Smoothie
- High-Powered Blender
- 1 large frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower rice or florets
- ¼ cup baby spinach (optional for green color)
- ¾ cup unsweetened vegan milk of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (the thick part at the top of a can of coconut milk)
- ⅛ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips (can sub cacao nibs if desired)
- coconut whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high until well-combined, about 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
Photography by Hope Agresti