This mango salsa is fresh, just the right amount of spicy, and full of summer flavor. Pairs perfectly with tortilla chips, tacos, or a salad!Jump to Recipe
Sometimes a simple salsa is all you need to take a dish to the next level. That is certainly the case with this super easy yet flavorful Mango Salsa. All you need is 10 minutes to chop some veggies and mix everything up, and you have an easy addition for any number of meals. Think tacos, quesadillas, salads, and more!
Mango Salsa Ingredients
Mango: You can use any variety. Ataulfo mangos (sometimes referred to as yellow mangos) are my favorite for this salsa.
Jalapeño or Poblano Peppers: I honestly couldn’t choose just one. Go for jalapeño if you’re the queen of spicy food and poblano if you like smoky vibes.
Cilantro: You can omit this one if you’re one of those people with a cilantro-tastes-like-soap aversion. However, I find that it lends a herby freshness.
Red Onion: For some crisp flavor.
Lime Juice: To brighten up the whole salsa and macerate the onions in (more on this later!).
Salt and Pepper: To finish everything off.
Macerate Your Onions
I know, I know. What the heck does it mean to macerate onions? Allow me to explain. Macerating simply means to soak the onion in some type of acid like citrus juice or vinegar (in this recipe, we’ll use lime juice). This accomplishes a couple of things. First, it softens the flavor of the onion just a little bit, which can be important if you’re averse to onion breath (I know I am). Second, it gives the onions time to absorb some of that delightful lime juice flavor which can only be a good thing. It only takes 10-15 minutes to notice a real difference, and I promise it’s worth it.
- Salads: I especially think it would be great on my Go-To Taco Salad.
- Tacos: I especially recommend this salsa on these tacos.
- As a Dip: Basic, but endlessly delicious. Serve it with heaps of tortilla chips.
I hope this mango salsa takes you to Flavortown (yikes…)! If you give it a try, be sure to leave a rating and review. This encourages others to give it a try and it warms my heart to hear from you. You can also find me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
More Delicious Dips & Sauces
- Healthier Caramelized French Onion Dip
- The Best Vegan Queso (8 Ingredients!)
- Heirloom Pico de Gallo
- The Only Tahini Sauce You’ll Ever Need
- Cutting Board
- Chef's Knife
- ¼ cup red onion finely diced
- juice of one lime
- 2 mangos diced and peels removed
- 1 jalapeño pepper or ½ poblano pepper seeds removed and finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro woody stems removed and finely chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Dice red onion first and allow to marinate or macerate in fresh lime juice for 10-15 minutes.
- While red onion macerates, dice the rest of your ingredients and add to onions and lime juice. Top with salt and pepper and stir until well-combined. Serve immediately.
Photography by Hope Agresti and Allison Agresti