These Hummingbird Overnight Oats are delicious, nutritious, and perfect for meal prep. Bonus: they’re gluten-free and easily vegan!Jump to Recipe
Yes, I know I posted a Hummingbird Cake like, five minutes ago. But I was so inspired that I just HAD to create these delectable Hummingbird Overnight Oats! They’re packed with fiber, protein, and healthy fats while staying true to the flavor profile of the OG cake we know and love. (PS! Be sure to check out my original post for the fascinating history of Hummingbird Cake.)
Hummingbird Overnight Oats Key Ingredients
Rolled Oats: I buy mine in bulk at Costco because of who I am as a person.
Milk of Choice: Be sure to use plant-based milk to keep vegan!
Greek Yogurt: Dairy or plant-based will work! You’ll be using this for the oats and for the cream cheese topping.
Bananas: Ripe is best!
Pineapple: Hot tip! You can totally use frozen pineapple for this. I let mine defrost and then chop into smaller pieces. I love nothing more than fresh pineapple, but sometimes we don’t have time.
Pecans: Walnuts work too!
Maple syrup: For just a bit of sweetness. You won’t need too much thanks to the banana.
Cinnamon: A crucial ingredient for true hummingbird vibes.
Cream Cheese: For a cute little Greek yogurt cream cheese topping! Obvi use dairy-free to keep things vegan.
Vanilla and Salt: Awkwardly grouping these two together because c’mon. You know why they’re here.
If you try these adorable Hummingbird Overnight Oats, be sure to leave a rating and review. This helps Google find me and encourages others to try the recipe. You can also find me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok. It makes my day to hear from you!
More Amazing Oat Recipes
- The Best Healthy Birthday Cake Overnight Oats
- Vegan Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- Vegan Tahini Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Baked Oatmeal (with strawberry glaze!)
Hummingbird Overnight Oats (Vegan Option!)
- Food Processor or High-Powered Blender
For the Overnight Oats
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1½ cup milk of choice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (dairy or plant-based)
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup pineapple finely diced
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese softened (dairy or plant-based)
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt (dairy or plant-based)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Combine all overnight oats ingredients in a large bowl and stir with spoon until well-combined. Divide evenly into four airtight mason jars or other glass containers and store in refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- Make your cream cheese frosting! You can either do this just before eating your oats or make ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Top your oats with dollops of cream cheese frosting and garnish with more pecans and cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!
Photography by Hope Agresti