This is the best simple green smoothie! It’s packed with veggies, tastes like ice cream, and is super quick for those busy mornings.Jump to Recipe
Green smoothies are one of my favorite ways to start the morning. Not only does it efficiently pack in a serving of veggies first thing in the morning, but it usually tastes like ice cream which is never a bad thing in my book. Basically, they make me feel like a health goddess. This super simple and quick green smoothie is a fantastic way to begin your morning, and it requires minimal effort on your part.
Green Smoothie Ingredients
Baby Spinach: Packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, and calcium…it’s safe to say baby spinach is a nutrition powerhouse. It’s also flavorless when blended up with other smoothie ingredients, so ideal for this particular recipe.
Frozen Banana: An essential part to any delicious smoothie, at least in my opinion. I keep a bag of halved frozen bananas in my freezer at all times for smoothies.
Almond Butter: Salted almond butter is my favorite in this smoothie because it helps to create that ice cream flavor. However, you can use whatever you have on hand. It’s also super delicious with peanut butter.
Milk: Whatever you have is great. You could even use water. I usually use unsweetened almond milk.
Protein Powder: I like to use vanilla plant-based protein powder. If you don’t have protein powder, you could try subbing a half cup of Greek yogurt and decreasing the amount of milk you use.
Tips and Tricks
- If you have a weaker blender, blend any greens and milk together first for at least 30 seconds. This is not a tip I can take credit for, as I heard it first from the wonderful Liz Moody (you should check out her many delectable smoothie recipes on her site and Instagram as well!).
- If you’re planning to add greens, I find it to be most helpful to put them at the bottom of my blender first before any other ingredients to ensure they are well incorporated versus splattered all over the sides of my blender.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed to be sure everything is well-blended (we do not like a chunky smoothie!).
If you make this go-to green smoothie, be sure to leave a rating and review! This encourages other folks to give the recipe a try and it means so much to me.
Other Awesome Breakfast Ideas:
- Vegan Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Super Healthy Birthday Cake Overnight Oats
- The Best Ever Healthy Blueberry Zucchini Smoothie Bowl
The Best Simple Green Smoothie
- 1 cup baby spinach packed
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter or nut/seed butter of choice
- ½-¾ cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high until well-combined, about 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
Photography by Hope Agresti