This super cozy and perfectly spiced ginger turmeric latté is the ideal fall beverage when you’re craving a caffeine-free treat.Jump to Recipe
It’s hard to describe just how cozy this ginger turmeric latté is. It’s perfectly spiced and evokes so much warmth and comfort. While there are many “golden milk” recipes out there, I specifically strived to replicate the incredible ginger turmeric latté from my favorite local coffee shop.
All About Turmeric
Before we jump into chatting about ingredients, I want to talk about turmeric for a second. While it has recently gained quite the reputation in western wellness, it has been a staple in Indian culture for centuries. Not only is it a common spice for a variety of Indian dishes, but it is sacred in Hindu tradition and frequently used medicinally. It’s truly a nutritional powerhouse and there’s promising research to indicate it has anti-inflammatory properties. Of note, turmeric is most effective when combined with a couple of different ingredients:
- Black Pepper: Even a pinch of black pepper increases bio-availability of turmeric. This means that your body can reap more of the benefits!
- Healthy Fats: Turmeric is fat soluble, which means that when consumed with fat, it absorbs more slowly which means again, it’s more beneficial.
Ingredients for Ginger Turmeric Latté
Oat Milk or Full-Fat Canned Coconut Milk: Or some combination of both! I specifically chose these two non-dairy milks as they are higher in fat content, meaning turmeric will absorb more effectively.
Boiling Water: Just a quarter cup to make sure our spices dissolve effectively.
Maple Syrup: Just a splash for sweetness. Honey works too if you’re not vegan.
Vanilla Extract: For subtle vanilla flavor.
Ground Turmeric: See above for all the glorious benefits of turmeric! As a bonus, it tastes really, really good.
Ground Ginger: Honestly, ginger is so underrated. It is just a little spicy and packs so many health benefits in its own right. It deserves recognition right along with turmeric.
Black Pepper: Just a pinch to make that turmeric more bio-available.
If you make this vegan ginger turmeric latté, be sure to leave a rating and review! This encourages others to give it a try and is super helpful! You can also find me on Pinterest and Instagram. I always love hearing from you!
More Amazing Fall Recipes:
- Tahini Pumpkin Muffins (Vegan and Gluten-Free!)
- Brussels Sprouts Pear Salad with Wild Rice
- Gluten-Free Brown Butter Cinnamon Apple Bread
Ginger Turmeric Latté
- sauce pan or milk frother
- electric or stove top kettle
- 1 cup oat milk or full fat canned coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ cup boiled water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- pinch of black pepper
- Place maple syrup, vanilla, turmeric, ginger, and black pepper in bottom of a mug and stir to combine. Pour boiled water over it, stirring to ensure that ingredients dissolve.
- Froth your milk! You can either place the milk in an electric milk frother or froth it on the stove in a sauce pan. If you froth your milk on the stove, place it over medium heat and whisk continually until milk starts to foam and froth. This will ensure the milk doesn't scald.
- Pour frothed milk over ginger turmeric mixture and stir once more to combine. Enjoy immediately.
Photography by Hope Agresti