No need to bake this delicious vegan and gluten-free Edible Cookie Dough! Made with 6 simple ingredients and ready in 5 minutes.Jump to Recipe
Look, we’ve all been there. Wanting to eat the chocolate chip cookie dough instead of putting it into the oven to bake. It’s a tale as old as time. Those pesky eggs ruin everything! Enter: the best healthy edible cookie dough. It’s made with six simple ingredients and comes together in five minutes. Love that for us.
Edible Cookie Dough Ingredients
Oat Flour: My favorite flour! It keeps things gluten-free, packs some fiber, and works similarly to regular flour.
Cashew or Almond Butter: I’m partial to my homemade cashew butter, but either works wonderfully.
Maple Syrup: Just a couple tablespoons for the perfect amount of sweetness.
Chocolate Chips: I prefer mini chocolate chips for these, as they distribute better throughout the smaller amount of dough.
Vanilla Extract: I mean. Necessary.
Sea Salt: To bring it all together.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use regular flour? While I haven’t tested it, all-purpose flour should work. Of note, it is very important that you heat-treat flours containing gluten if you’re not planning to bake it. This is to kill off any lingering bacteria. See this post for more information. If you find your dough is too dry, add a bit more cashew or almond butter and vice versa.
- Can I make this nut-free? Yes! It won’t have the exact same cookie dough flavor, but tahini or sunflower seed butter are excellent substitutes.
If you make this Healthy Edible Cookie Dough, feel free to leave a rating, review, question, or concern. You can also tag me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok. It warms my heart to hear from you, really and truly.
More No-Bake Desserts
- Mom’s Homemade Ice Cream Cake
- Healthy Cosmic Brownie Bites (Vegan)
- Incredible 5-Ingredient Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse
Healthy Edible Cookie Dough
- medium or large mixing bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- ⅔ cup oat flour
- ⅓ cup cashew or almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a bowl and use a silicone spatula to combine. At some point, you may want to use clean hands until it reaches a cookie dough consistency.
- Fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Enjoy immediately or save for later!
Photography by Hope Agresti and Allison Agresti