An easy but flavorful side dish that’s totally customizable! This Actually Delicious Cucumber Tomato Salad comes together in 10 minutes.Jump to Recipe
Sometimes you just need a super simple side salad situation, ya feel? This Actually Delicious Cucumber Tomato Salad is just that…actually delicious. So often these types of salads can be a bit dull and lackluster, but not this one. Made in just 10 minutes with a few simple ingredients, it’s the perfect accompaniment to a variety of dishes.
Cucumber Tomato Salad Ingredients
Cherry Tomatoes: These babies burst with flavor, especially during those peak summer months.
Persian Cucumbers: I tend to like these small cucumbers best for this salad, as they have fewer seeds and lower water content. However, a regular cucumber works just fine!
Olive Oil: This is one of those situations where you’ll want to use the highest quality you can afford. The olive oil vibes really comes through here.
Red Wine Vinegar: For a bit of tang and brightness!
Dried Oregano: For a bit of earthy, zesty flavor.
Salt and Pepper: Bonus points for freshly ground pepper and flaky sea salt! Totally not necessary, but delicious.
While this salad is fabulous all on it’s own, especially for parties and barbecues, it’s also lovely paired with main meals. Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Toss in some pasta, cheese of choice (maybe feta?), and olives if that’s your thing and you’ve got a quick pasta salad!
- Throw on top of a Mediterranean salad or grain bowl.
- Put on top of some grilled chicken for a fresh and healthy summer dinner.
I hope this humble Cucumber Tomato Salad captures your heart. If you give it a try, be sure to leave a rating and review. This encourages others to make it as well and makes my day! You can also find me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
More Simple Salads
- Heirloom Caprese Salad (7 Ingredients!)
- Fantastic Street Corn Salad (Mexican-Inspired)
- Cherry Feta Salad with Zesty Lemon Pepper Dressing
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 Persian cucumbers (sliced into rounds) or 1 large cucumber (diced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Make the dressing! In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper until well-combined. You could also do this in a separate bowl or jar and pour over the top of your cucumbers and tomatoes, but I'm lazy and like to do it this way to save a dish.
- Add your chopped tomatoes and cucumbers to the bowl and give everything a toss using salad tongs until well-combined and the dressing is evenly distributed. Enjoy as a side dish or add to your favorite Mediterranean-inspired salad or bowl!
Photography by Hope Agresti