These Healthy Cosmic Brownie Bites double as a healthy snack or satisfying dessert thanks to their nutrient-packed ingredients! Vegan/GFJump to Recipe
These Healthy Cosmic Brownie Bites double as the most lovely dessert or decadent healthy snack. They’re made with healthier ingredients but taste divine so you can totally have it both ways. Obviously, these little bites are inspired by the Little Debbie classic. When I thought of this fun spin on them, I knew I had to go for it ASAP.
Cosmic Brownie Bite Ingredients
Almond Flour and Oat Flour: My tried and true favorite combo. It creates the perfect no-bake brownie-like texture.
Ground Flaxseed: To make these babies true energy bites. Flaxseed is loaded with all kinds of nutrients, including omega-3 fatty acids and plenty of fiber.
Cocoa Powder: Essential for the brownie vibes! You could sub cacao powder if it’s what you have.
Sea Salt: What’s a brownie without a bit of salt?
Almond Butter: Almond butter is neutral enough that it doesn’t interfere with the brownie flavor (unlike peanut butter), but helps create that perfectly fudgy situation we’re all looking for. It also creates the perfect texture for the frosting.
Maple Syrup: A perfect touch of sweetness to evoke a true Cosmic Brownie likeness without going overboard.
Milk of Choice: I used almond milk, but you can use any milk you like. Water even works! You will need a splash each for the bites and the frosting.
Vanilla Extract: For subtle vanilla flavor.
Mini Chocolate Chips: You can definitely use whatever size chocolate chips you have.
Sprinkles: I used these for true Cosmic Brownie vibes, but no worries if you can’t find them! Regular sprinkles work great too.
I hope these Healthy Cosmic Brownie Bites blow your mind! If you give them a whirl, be sure to leave a rating and review. This encourages others to give it a try and helps Google find me. It truly, honestly makes my day. You can also find me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
More Sweet Treats
- Gluten-Free Hummingbird Cake (Snack Size!)
- Vegan Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Incredible 5-Ingredient Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse
- 5-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Truffles
- Super Fudgy Gluten-Free Olive Oil Brownies
Healthy Cosmic Brownie Bites
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- Sheet Pan or Glass Dish
- parchment paper
For the Energy Bites
- ½ cup almond flour packed
- ½ cup oat flour spooned and leveled
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened milk of choice or water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- sprinkles or rainbow chip sprinkles (for topping)
For the Frosting
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened milk of choice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, oat flour, ground flaxseed, cocoa powder, and sea salt until combined. Add almond butter, maple syrup, milk of choice, and vanilla, and mix with a silicone spatula until well-combined. Add in mini chocolate chips and stir once more until incorporated.
- Line a sheet pan or glass dish with parchment paper. Use a small cookie scoop or spoon to form into 12 rounded tablespoon-size balls and place evenly apart on parchment paper. Chill for one hour.
- Meanwhile, combine all frosting ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until well-combined.
- Take each chilled energy bite and swirl it through the frosting until the tops of each bite are covered in frosting. Top with sprinkles and enjoy!
Photography by Hope Agresti