The official snack of summer in my opinion! This Freezer Oreo Yogurt Bark is perfect as a morning snack or after dinner treat.Jump to Recipe
I’m on a campaign to make yogurt bark the official snack of summer, and this Freezer Oreo Yogurt Bark could convince anyone, in my opinion. It’s got dessert vibes while maintaining healthy snack status. It’s perfect as an after dinner treat or as a morning snack. She’s versatile and I love that for her.
Oreo Yogurt Bark Ingredients
Yogurt: I use the plain full-fat Greek variety most of the time, but feel free to use dairy-free here to keep things vegan. You could also go crazy and use vanilla yogurt. The world is your oyster!
Maple Syrup or Honey: Whatever you have is great!
Vanilla Extract: For subtle vanilla vibes and enhancement of other flavors.
Oreos: Any chocolate sandwich cookies will work! Of course, use gluten-free Oreos if needed.
How to Use Oreos in This Recipe
I’ve tested this recipe a few ways, and ultimately decided it tastes best with the filling removed from the Oreos. I know, it feels like sacrilege, doesn’t it? However, there’s a method to my madness, and I promise it’s not a weird diet decision. The contrast between the tart yogurt and the powdered sugar Oreo filling is a bit overpowering and not entirely pleasant. When you remove the Oreo filling from the equation, it brings all the different flavors into balance. Just trust me on this one.
I hope you’re as obsessed with this Freezer Oreo Yogurt Bark as I am, and you become just as committed to making it the snack of summer. If you give it a try, I would be thrilled if you left a rating, review, question, or concern. I always love hearing from you! You can also find me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
More Healthy Summer Snacks
- Freezer PB&J Yogurt Bark
- Freezer Birthday Cake Yogurt Bark (5 Ingredients!)
- Hummingbird Overnight Oats (Vegan Option!)
- Mint Cucumber Avocado Smoothie (Vegan)
- Cosmic Brownie Energy Bites (Vegan!)
- The Best Healthy Birthday Cake Overnight Oats
Freezer Oreo Yogurt Bark
- Baking Sheet Pan
- parchment paper
- Large Bowl
- Large Spoon or Silicone Spatula
- 2 cups plain full fat Greek yogurt (or dairy-free yogurt of choice)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 Oreos divided (gluten-free if needed)
- Prepare your sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Twist open each of the Oreos and scrape out the filling. Discard the filling and break the remaining cookies into small pieces in a large bowl. Reserve a handful of crumbled cookies for topping the yogurt bark later on.
- To the large bowl, add yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix all ingredients with a spoon or silicone spatula until combined.
- Pour the yogurt mixture on top of the prepared baking sheet, spreading until evenly distributed and about ¼ of an inch thick. Sprinkle the remaining Oreos on top in an even layer. Freeze for at least three hours or until completely frozen.
- Break into individual pieces and enjoy!
Photography by Hope Agresti