This cherry feta salad with zesty lemon pepper dressing is the perfect way to use up all the end of summer produce in your fridge. Easily vegan!Jump to Recipe
This cherry feta salad is a perfect way to celebrate (mourn?) the end of summer. It makes the most of all the delicious summer flavors and veggies so that you can be in denial right along with me that August is about to end. It makes a perfect side salad or easy desk lunch and is packed with plenty of healthy fats to keep you full. Throw some protein on it and call it a complete meal!
Ingredients for Cherry Feta Salad
Spring Mix: There’s nothing better than fresh mixed greens in the summer.
Cherries: The real MVP of this salad. The cherries add a burst of flavor and sweetness that simply brings this salad to life.
Cucumbers: For a good hydrating crunch. I love using mini cucumbers if I can find them because they’re cute, but a regular one absolutely works.
Avocado: Healthy fats and vitamins galore! Also, avocados taste a-mah-zing.
Feta Cheese: For some salty, cheesy, umami goodness. I beg you to get the real deal feta in brine. It tastes so much better, I promise.
Sunflower Seeds: Salted and roasted, please. These little guys add a little more crunch and a little more healthy fat.
Zesty Lemon Pepper Dressing: All the deets here. If you love this dressing, you should totally try it on my Ultimate Spring Salad too!
Make It a Meal!
- Add a grain! I love to add quinoa, farro, or wild rice. Millet would be fun too!
- Throw some chicken or salmon on top to add some protein.
- Toss the salad with a drained and rinsed can of chickpea or white beans to up the plant power of this salad!
If you make this cherry feta salad, be sure to leave a rating and review. This helps Google figure out this little blog exists and encourages others to give this recipe a try. It would mean the world to me.
Other Fabulous Salad Ideas:
- Summery Roasted and Raw Peach Salad
- Heirloom Caprese Salad
- Fantastic Street Corn-Inspired Salad
- Beautiful and Refreshing Strawberry Mint Quinoa Salad
Cherry Feta Salad with Zesty Lemon Pepper Dressing
- Blender or Food Processor (Optional)
For the Salad:
- 1 5-oz container mixed greens
- ½ cup cherries pitted and halved
- 4 Persian (mini) cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled (sub plant-based feta for vegan/dairy-free)
- ⅓ cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds
For the Dressing:
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey (sub maple syrup if vegan)
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place all dressing ingredients in blender or food processor and blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute to ensure everything is well-combined and emulsified. Alternatively, you could place all ingredients in a mason jar with lid tightly shut and shake until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Assemble all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide salad evenly into four individual portions and top with dressing. Enjoy!
Photography by Hope Agresti