The easiest vegetarian weeknight dinner! These quesadillas are packed with veggies, cheese, and flavor while boasting only 8 ingredients.Jump to Recipe
These Easy Cauliflower Sweet Potato Quesadillas are nothing fancy, but they’re super delicious and one of my favorite easy dinners. They’re vegetarian, easily gluten-free, and boast less than 10 ingredients. They’re perfectly cheesy, spicy, and zesty, and pair perfectly with guacamole!
Cauliflower Sweet Potato Quesadilla Ingredients
Cauliflower: Cut into small bite-sized pieces so the quesadilla isn’t too bulky. Sometimes I’m lazy and buy a pre-washed and chopped bag to save some time if I’m being totally honest.
Sweet Potatoes: Possibly my favorite food ever. I love the sweet and savory vibe these babies add to this quesadilla.
Olive Oil: To make sure our veggies crisp up perfectly.
Taco Seasoning: We can’t quit the Siete mix because it’s that good, but use your fave!
Black Beans: For some all-important plant-based protein!
Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed, please! I love the extra brightness and flavor dimension this adds.
Sharp Cheddar: My favorite cheese. Monterrey Jack would work wonderfully too!
Tortillas: I love flour tortillas for quesadillas, but you can use corn tortillas to keep things gluten-free!
Tips & Tricks
- Roasting the Veggies: I like to roast my veggies in individual sections. That way, if one veggie is roasting up more quickly than the other, I can easily remove them from the oven and continue roasting everything else.
- Warm Your Tortillas First! Lightly (lightly!) grease your frying pan with some olive oil and warm each side of the tortilla for about 15 seconds before adding your filling. It really takes things to the next level.
- Successfully Flipping Quesadillas: This is the reason I recommend folding the quesadilla in half rather than stacking one full tortilla on top of another. It makes flipping the quesadilla a million times easier. Simply use a spatula to gently flip your quesadilla, folded side down, to avoid losing any of that precious filling.
I hope these Cauliflower Sweet Potato Quesadillas become your new go-to easy dinner! If you give them a try, be sure to leave a rating and review. This encourages others to give it a try and helps Google find me. It truly makes my day to hear from you. You can also always find me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
More Easy Dinners
- Delicious Mango Shrimp Quesadillas
- Goat Cheese Orzo with Spring Veggies
- Vegetarian Za’atar Sheet Pan Meal with Tahini Sauce
- The Easiest Vegetarian Tortellini Soup (Veggie-Packed!)
- Vegan Pistachio Romesco Pasta
Cauliflower Sweet Potato Quesadillas
- large sheet pan
- large frying pan
- 2 cups cauliflower cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium or 2 small sweet potatoes washed, scrubbed, and cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- juice of half a lime
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 4 burrito-sized tortillas (gluten-free if needed)
- Preheat oven to 425° F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place cauliflower and sweet potatoes on sheet pan in individual sections and coat evenly with olive oil and taco seasoning. Roast for 18-20 minutes or until tender and slightly charred. Remove from oven and add black beans and lime juice, giving everything a toss to combine.
- Assemble! I like to add the tortilla directly to a lightly greased frying pan to warm for 30 seconds or so (about 15 seconds on each side). Next, sprinkle cheese over one half of the tortilla, layer on about one fourth of the cauliflower, sweet potato, and black bean mixture, and sprinkle more cheese on top. Fold the tortilla in half to make a quesadilla. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes, flipping once about 5 minutes in. Repeat until all 4 quesadillas are made!
- Add whatever garnishes and sauces you like (I usually add guacamole, salsa, and Greek yogurt). Enjoy!
Photography by Hope Agresti