Save money by making your own cashew butter at home! All you need is 2 ingredients, 5 minutes, and a food processor.Jump to Recipe
Let’s be honest. Cashew butter is delicious, but have you seen how expensive it is at the store? That kind of money isn’t in my budget! Once I learned how easy it was to make my own at home, I knew I would never buy a jar of cashew butter again (well, never say never). In this post, I’m gonna walk you through this incredibly easy process so you too can become a money-saving goddess.
Cashew Butter Ingredients
Cashews: You can do this with either raw or roasted cashews. I prefer dry roasted cashews from Trader Joe’s, as they don’t have any added oils. Trader Joe’s nuts also have a great price point.
Refined Coconut Oil: Refined, meaning there’s no coconut flavor! This is a go-to oil for me in the kitchen. Of course, you could use any neutral oil you have on hand such as canola, vegetable, or avocado.
Salt: Optional, but I almost always prefer my nut and seed butters to be salted.
How to Make Cashew Butter
- Add Ingredients: add cashews, one teaspoon of coconut oil, and salt to your food processor.
- Process: process until completely smooth and creamy, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides of the food processor. If needed, add an additional teaspoon of coconut oil to help everything come together.
- Eat: The sky is the limit, really. I like to use cashew butter in smoothies, oats, baked goods, or on toast.
- Store: Keep refrigerated in a mason jar or other similar airtight container.
I hope you love this simple method for making your own cashew butter and you feel confident to put it to the test! If you give it a try, feel free to leave a rating, review, question, or concern. I truly love hearing from you. You can also find me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok. You should totally give a shout!
Recipes Using Nut Butter
- Snickerdoodle Protein Cookies
- The Best Healthy Birthday Cake Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread (Vegan/GF)
- Easy Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles with Crispy Tofu
- The Year-Round Kale Salad (with almond butter vinaigrette!)
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
How to Make Cashew Butter
- Food Processor
- 3 cups raw or dry roasted cashews
- 1-2 tsp refined coconut oil (or other neutral oil such as canola, vegetable, or avocado)
- ¼ tsp sea salt optional
- Add cashews, salt, and one teaspoon of coconut oil to a food processor. Process until completely smooth and creamy, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides of the food processor. If needed, add an additional teaspoon of coconut oil to help everything come together.
- Transfer cashew butter to an airtight mason jar or other container and keep in the refrigerator. Sometimes I pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds or so to soften it, as the coconut oil solidifies in the fridge. Enjoy in smoothies oats, baked goods, or on toast!