A cozy and nutritious way to welcome fall! This vegan Butternut Squash Smoothie will keep you full all morning.Jump to Recipe
This vegan Butternut Squash Smoothie has been my go-to breakfast for about a month now. It’s nutrient-rich, tastes like fall, and keeps me full for hours. It wasn’t originally meant to go up on the website, but I liked it so much it became a no-brainer.
Butternut Squash Smoothie Ingredients
Frozen Butternut Squash Cubes: Guess what? These are pretty widely available in the frozen veggie of your grocery store now. In particular, I have seen them at Whole Foods and Target. You could also make your own using my frozen zucchini method.
Frozen Banana: Essential for a creamy and thick smoothie. I break my bananas in half and freeze ’em in a Ziplock. You could also slice them if you’re not as lazy as I am.
Milk of Choice: I would stick to a neutral milk such as oat, almond, or dairy. Coconut milk would probably overpower the other ingredients.
Applesauce: Brightens up the whole smoothie thanks to that tart apple flavor.
Rolled Oats: Really brings the cozy flavor and a bit of fiber, too.
Almond Butter: I just can’t stop with almond butter. It makes everything better.
Vanilla Extract: To bring out the depth of flavor in this smoothie.
Cinnamon: This is what really creates that fall flavor! Don’t be shy. More cinnamon is better, in my opinion.
Vanilla Protein Powder: My favorite for making a breakfast smoothie truly satiating.
Smoothie Tips & Tricks
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed to be sure everything is well-blended (we do not like a chunky smoothie!).
- Be sure to blend longer than you think to make sure that the butternut squash and oats are really incorporated and no chunks remain.
I hope you give this delicious vegan Butternut Squash Smoothie a try! Be sure to leave a rating, review, question, or concern. This encourages others to give it a try and enormously helps with Google rankings. As a bonus, it really warms my heart when you take the time to leave a note. You can also find me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
More Amazing Smoothies
- Easy PB&J Smoothie (with secret veggies!)
- Cookie Monster Smoothie Bowl
- 5-Ingredient Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Cozy and Nutritious Apple Pie Smoothie
- The Best Simple Green Smoothie
- Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Butternut Squash Smoothie
- High-Powered Blender
- 1 cup frozen butternut squash cubes
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp rolled oats gluten-free if needed
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high until well-combined, about 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.