A scrumptious tuna salad made with spicy and tangy buffalo sauce, creamy Greek yogurt, crunchy veggies, and briny pickles.Jump to Recipe
This buffalo tuna salad was my go-to lunch for a hot minute. I had it every which way: as a basic sandwich, as a crave-worthy melt, on a bed of greens with plenty of crackers…you name it. Now, I’m finally getting around to sharing it with you. It’s a super easy meal prep option that’s satisfying and versatile and it packs in a surprising amount of veggies.
Why This Buffalo Tuna Salad Works
- Flavor: Not to overuse the term, but y’all…this recipe is a flavor bomb. We’ve got the buffalo sauce for a spicy yet tangy situation. There’s briny dill pickles in the mix. There’s just a bit of Dijon mustard that adds that lil’ extra something. It all comes together beautifully for a tuna salad you can actually get excited about.
- Veggies: I’ve included carrots and celery in this salad particularly to drive home the buffalo flavor profile (think a buffalo wings platter). You’ve also got some herbaceous green onions and the previously mentioned pickles joining the party. This adds a pleasant crunch to the tuna salad along with plenty of nutrition.
- Greek Yogurt: I famously hate mayonnaise and prefer my tuna with Greek yogurt. I find this creates an overall smoother and more satisfying texture. As a bonus, it bumps up the protein of this recipe even more!
I feel like the obvious way to serve this tuna salad is on a sandwich, but here are some other creative ways to serve it:
- Make it a melt on a bagel or English muffin with some cheddar or provolone cheese.
- Serve on a bed of seasonal greens with plenty of crackers on the side for dipping.
- Serving it with veggies and crackers or on its own as a healthy and filling afternoon snack.
More Seafood Recipes
- Easy and Super Flavorful Tuna Salad (No Mayo!)
- Simple and Incredible Dill Pesto Tuna Melts
- Tuna Casserole Stuffed Peppers
- Delicious Mango Shrimp Quesadillas
- 20-Minute White Wine Lemon Butter Salmon
Buffalo Tuna Salad
- Cutting Board
- Chef's Knife
- box grater
- 2 5-oz cans wild caught tuna drained
- ½ cup full fat Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- ⅓ cup carrots finely grated
- ⅓ cup celery finely chopped
- ¼ cup dill pickles finely diced
- 2 tbsp green onions finely chopped (green parts only)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mise en Place: Go ahead and do all your chopping before assembling the tuna salad. In other words, peel and grate your carrots and finely chop your celery, dill pickles, and green onions.
- Assemble: Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and mix until well-combined. Serve on a sandwich or over mixed greens if desired.
Photography by Hope Agresti and Allison Agresti