These Birthday Cake Protein Bars taste like dessert but pack in plenty of nourishment to keep you full! Gluten-free/easily veganJump to Recipe
Looking for a healthy and nourishing snack that tastes like cake? Well, these Birthday Cake Protein Bars deliver. They’re perfect after a workout or as dessert. I particularly like them as a morning snack with my coffee. The sky is the limit, really. Oh, and the best part? They’e gluten-free and easily vegan.
Birthday Cake Protein Bar Ingredients
Oat Flour: This fiber-rich flour gives these bars a distinct cake vibe.
Cashew Butter: You can use store bought, or check out all the deets on making your own here.
Maple Syrup: My favorite unrefined sweetener option.
Milk of Choice: Just a splash to get these birthday cake protein bars to the right consistency. I used unsweetened almond milk, but oat milk would be great too.
Refined Coconut Oil: The refined part is important here. We want the solidifying quality of coconut oil for these bars, but not so much the coconut flavor. Refined coconut oil has removed that taste.
Vanilla and Almond Extracts: Key for that birthday cake flavor.
Greek Yogurt: For the delicious (but healthy!) frosting.
Sprinkles: I mean, duh?
Sea Salt: Just a pinch to bring all the flavors together.
How to Store Birthday Cake Protein Bars
It is important to keep these bars chilled in order to keep them at the right consistency. However, you still have options depending on what vibe you’re going for.
- Fridge: If you want your protein bars a bit softer, this is your best bet! They’ll still hold together thanks to that coconut oil, which solidifies when chilled.
- Freezer: My personal favorite. The bars will be a bit more solid, but I love the ease of having them on hand for up to a month.
I hope these Birthday Cake Protein Bars become a part of your snack rotation! If you give them a try, be sure to leave a rating, review, question, or concern. You can also find me on Pinterest, Instagram, or TikTok. It makes my day to hear from you, truly!
More Birthday Cake Recipes
- The Best Healthy Birthday Cake Overnight Oats
- Freezer Birthday Cake Yogurt Bark (5 Ingredients!)
- Gluten-Free Birthday Pancakes
Birthday Cake Protein Bars
- 8×8 metal pan
- parchment paper
- Large Bowl
- wooden spoon or spatula
- medium bowl
- small whisk
- 1½ cups oat flour
- ½ cup your favorite vanilla protein powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup sprinkles plus 2 tbsp for topping
Greek Yogurt Frosting
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (or dairy-free Greek-style yogurt)
- 2 tsp refined coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8×8 metal pan with parchment paper and set to the side.
- To a large bowl, add oat flour, protein powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Next, add cashew butter, maple syrup, milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond extract, and ¼ cup of sprinkles. Use clean hands to mix until it becomes a texture similar to cookie dough.
- Add the protein bar mixture to your prepared metal pan and press evenly until well-distributed.
- Make your yogurt frosting! Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Evenly coat the top of the protein bars with the frosting and add remaining sprinkles.
- Chill in the refrigerator or freezer for at least 2 hours. Slice into 16 pieces and enjoy!
Photography by Hope Agresti and Allison Agresti