The most refreshing summer beverage you won’t be able to get enough of! This Frozen Basil Blueberry Lemonade is sure to be a crowd pleaser.Jump to Recipe
This Frozen Basil Blueberry Lemonade is the definitive beverage of summer, I’m calling it now. It’s cool, refreshing, and packs just enough flavor notes without being overwhelming. You can totally add some booze if you want, but you’re not missing anything if you don’t. Best of all, it’s ready for you to enjoy in five minutes but tastes like a fancy cocktail from a fine dining establishment. I highly recommend you serve this at every summer barbecue until the end of time.
Basil Blueberry Lemonade Ingredients
Frozen Blueberries: You cannot substitute fresh blueberries for obvious reasons. The frozen bluebs are key to making this frozen lemonade work.
Water and Ice: Just enough of each to get the frozen lemonade texture right.
Lemons: I mean, duh. I highly, highly recommend using fresh squeezed lemons versus the bottled lemon juice. The difference in quality is staggering.
Maple Syrup or Honey: Either works beautifully. Use maple syrup to keep things vegan.
Fresh Basil: You could omit and still have a delicious blueberry lemonade, but I love the herby freshness this adds.
Vodka: If you’re feeling frisky. This is totally optional and not necessary for a complex, full-bodied lemonade. Be sure to halve the amount of water in the recipe if using vodka.
Customize Your Lemonade!
This Basil Blueberry Lemonade is super customizable. Definitely feel free to switch things up and try something new! Here are my best tips for doing so.
- Switch out your berries: Try strawberries, raspberries, or even blackberries in place of the blueberries.
- Use limes instead! Who doesn’t love a good limeade? I particularly think strawberry limeade would be divine.
- Swap out the herbs: Try mint, thyme, or rosemary in place of the basil.
I hope this Frozen Basil Blueberry Lemonade becomes your go-to refreshing summer staple! Always feel free to leave a rating, review, question or concern. It makes my day to hear from you. You can also find me on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
More Delicious Beverages
- Refreshing Mint Watermelon Frosé
- Rosemary Thyme Paloma Mocktail (with boozy option!)
- Easy Ginger Turmeric Latté (Vegan!)
Frozen Basil Blueberry Lemonade
- High Speed Blender
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1½ cups water (OR ¾ cup if using vodka)
- ¾ cup vodka (optional, use only ¾ cup water if going for the boozy option)
- ½ cup ice
- 4 lemons juiced
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on medium until just combined, about 30 seconds. Be careful not to blend for too long, as this will result in a thin rather than frozen texture.
- Portion into individual glasses and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Photography by Hope Agresti