These simple and versatile balsamic roasted peaches are perfect for a variety of sweet and savory meals and snacks. Ready in under 30 minutes!Jump to Recipe
Let me just say that this “simple” recipe gave me hell when I was testing it. Peaches can be finicky, apparently, and I wanted to make sure the texture of these roasted peaches were perfect and the balsamic flavor shined through. Luckily, I experienced all the trial and error on your behalf so that you can roast these lovely peaches perfectly the first time through!
Ingredients for Balsamic Roasted Peaches
Unripe/Less Ripe Peaches: That’s right. For this particular recipe, you want your peaches to be unripe and almost completely hard to the touch. Ripe and mushy peaches will not work. The heating process will bring out their sweetness and create delectable flavor while maintaining texture.
Olive Oil: An essential ingredient. The oil offers healthy fats and flavor while also helping the peaches crisp up some and maintain structure.
Balsamic Vinegar: Don’t skimp on the vinegar! Make sure you add the full two tablespoons and let our lovely peaches marinate in it for about 10 minutes for maximum flavor. My favorite balsamic vinegar is from Costco (fun fact, I broke an entire bottle of this stuff when I was testing this recipe; my kitchen smelled like balsamic vinegar for days).
Tips & Tricks for Success
- I know I mentioned it already, but it bears repeating: use less ripe peaches for best results! If your peaches are already ripe, they will get more mushy in the oven and won’t maintain their shape as well.
- Definitely do not skip the oil, as this also helps our peaches crisp up and maintain their structure.
- Don’t add salt! I know it can be tempting to add just a pinch as that often enhances sweet recipes, but in this case, salt draws out moisture which makes the peaches mushy.
- Make sure you don’t overcook them. Anymore than 12 minutes or so and they will be overdone.
- Flip the peach slices over about halfway in, as this helps them cook evenly.
Ideas for Enjoying Balsamic Roasted Peaches
- My personal favorite: with vanilla ice cream, as pictured.
- Make an easy breakfast! Serve them with yogurt, nut butter, granola, etc. The sky is the limit!
- Throw them on top of a summer salad!
If you makes these balsamic roasted peaches, be sure to leave a rating and review, as that helps Google figure out I exist! It truly means a lot.
Other Easy Breakfast Ideas:
- Gluten-Free Olive Oil Meyer Lemon Bread
- The Best Ever Healthy Blueberry Zucchini Smoothie Bowl
- Super Healthy Birthday Cake Overnight Oats
Simple Balsamic Roasted Peaches
- 2 large less ripe/unripe peaches
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Slice peaches into wedges (about 8 slices per peach) and marinate in olive oil and balsamic vinegar in large bowl for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer peaches to baking sheet and make sure no peach slices are touching. Roast for 12 minutes, flipping the peaches about 6 minutes in. Serve immediately.
Photography by Hope Agresti